2009年11月4日 星期三

Last Christmas- Penang Jamboree




































Last year I was working in Singapore- A small island but got many mountain bike trails and bikers.

I met 3 riders
- Lawrence, Don and Desmond- in BT trail when I did my 1st mountain bike riding in Singapore.
A week after, Desmond invited me to join a nite riding in Kent Ridge with Dir Traction riders- Max, Ling, Leon, Wayne.

That was my 1st nigt riding and 1st time riding in Kent Ridge. We finished XC and Super D course in 1 hour. My heart almost jumped out from my mouth and couldn't breath normally for few minutes. By the time, they were going to have hold a race in Kent Ridge and they are the group design, build and maintain all the MTB trails in Singapore with National park.

After the night riding in Kent Ridge, I decided only go for the Super D category and skip the XC.

Since that, I always joined the group ride on Sunday morning with these crazy riders. I had lots of fun ride and makan(Malay word: eat) with these people.

Last Christmas, I joined the trip with them to Malaysia-eat, cycle and eat. In 9 days, we visit Camerons, Ipoh
, Penang and KL.

Penang trail is famous with its variety landscapes: steep climb up, speeding down hill, rooty, rocky trails, single track, zig-zag and of course some jumps. If you are not able to catch up with the group or not following the sighs in the race. You might find yourself lost in banana jungle or maybe vegitable farm and can't see any human. You better bring enought water and food in your package. Because once you lost in the mountains. you will need to climb 3 or 4 hills to get out of the jungle before dark.

There is no race last year in Penang.
But Ming says:
As there was no KOTRT Jamboree for 2008, we decided to do our own.






This year the KORT Jamboree is back. The date is 6 Dec.

If you'd like to join the race this year......SORRY IT'S TOO LATE!!
There are many riders expecting this even for since 2007 and the registration fulled in 3 days.
The lucky 500 riders are going to torture themself and I believe they are looking forward to do it.

If you plan to join the next Jamboree. I suggest train your knee for the VERY STEEP CLIMB.




Kayuh Lasak Penang Mountainbike Jamboree Website

沒有留言:

張貼留言